What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of text that websites send to the browser and is stored on the user's terminal, which may be a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, etc. These files allow the website to remember information about your visit, such as language and preferred options, which can make your next visit easier and make the site more useful for you. Cookies play a very important role in improving user experiences on the web.
How are cookies used?
By browsing this website you are accepting that we can install cookies on your machine and let us know the following information:
- Statistical information on the user's use of the web.
- The user 'login' which keeps the session active on the web.
- The preferred format of web access from mobile devices.
- Latest searches over web services and data customisation services.
- Information about the ads that are displayed to the user.
- Information from surveys that the user has participated in.
- Data connection to social networks for users, accessing your Facebook or Twitter.
Types of cookies used
- Strictly necessary technical cookies: These cookies are essential to help our Website operate effectively and use features such as the Log-in sessions. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remember where you have been on the Internet. This category of cookies cannot be disabled. Session cookies store information only while the user accesses the Web and persistent cookies stored in the terminal data to be accessed and used in more than one session. These allow the user to navigate through the website or application and use the various options or services there. For example, with traffic control and data communication, to identify the session, access restricted Web parts, remember the elements of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use the security features during navigation, and store content for broadcast video or sound.
- Other technical cookies:
- Website analytics cookies: We use analytics cookies to measure and analyse how you use our Website. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and the information obtained is exclusively for our own use. These cookies allow us to continuously improve our Website and your browsing experience:
- Customer preference cookies: These cookies remember the preferences you indicated on our Website (for example, your chosen language and browsing font size). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you. These allow users to access the service with some predefined general features in your terminal, or user defined settings. For example, the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the design of selected content, geolocation terminal and place where you can access the service.
- Third party cookies: Our Website has embedded third party features such as videos, maps and social media API that provide you with a better browsing experience. Pages with these embedded features may present cookies from feature providers. We do not collect information from these cookies and do not control the dissemination of these cookies. These cookies or similar technologies are owned and controlled by third parties, and therefore the third parties – and not the Zoe Hong Kong Limited – are responsible for their use. As such, we cannot guarantee that we have listed every cookie or similar technology you might get from a third party since a third party could change them at any time as their needs change. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these. Below are the third party features that our Website has included as of the date hereof:
- Google: Google services/tools, such as ‘Google map’, ‘Google analytics’ and ‘Double clicks’ have been used in our Websites for better user experience and analytics purposes. For details of Google cookies usage, please click here.
- Facebook: Our Website has embedded Facebook API for social media sharing. For details of Facebook cookies usage, please click here.
- Twitter: Our Website has embedded Twitter API for social media sharing. For details of Twitter cookies usage, please click here.
- Sina Weibo: Our China market site has embedded Sina Weibo API for social media sharing. For details of Sina Weibo cookies usage, please click here.
- YouTube: The videos in our Website (except China market site) are hosted in YouTube channel. We embed a unique YouTube hyperlink to show the video on our Website. For details of YouTube cookies, please click here.
- Movideo: The videos in China site are hosted in Movideo platform. We embed a unquie Movideo hyperlink to show the video on our China market site. For details of Movideo cookies, please click here.
- Instagram: Our Website has embedded Instagram API for social media sharing. For details of Instagram cookies usage, please click here.
- Advertising cookies: these allow the effective management of advertising spaces which are included in the Web page or application from which the service is provided. They allow the adaptation of advertising for it to be relevant to the user and to avoid showing ads that the user has already seen.
- Other third party cookies: On some web pages you can install third-party cookies allow you to manage and improve the services offered.
How to manage cookies in the browser?
The user has the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting your browser options installed on your terminal:
To set the permissions associated with cookies on Google Chrome Browser:
- Click the menu in the toolbar.
- Select Configuration.
- Click Show advanced options.
- In the "Privacy" section click the Content Settings button.
- In the section "Cookies" there are configurable options.
To set the permissions related to cookies in Safari:
- Open Safari
- Select "Preferences" in the toolbar, then select the "Security" tab in the dialog box that follows
- In the "Accept Cookies" section, you can specify if and when Safari should save cookies from websites. For more information click on the Help button (labeled with a question mark)
- For more information about cookies that are stored on your computer, click on "Show Cookies"
To set the permissions related to cookies in Mozilla Firefox Browser:
- At the top of the Firefox window click the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- You can choose 'use custom settings' to configure.
To set the permissions related to browser cookies in Internet Explorer 9:
- At the top of the Internet Explorer window click on the Tools menu.
- Select the Security tab and use the Delete Browsing History to delete cookies. Enable Cookies check box, and then click Delete.
- Select the Security tab, and use the settings to move the slider to the top to block all cookies or totally down to allow all cookies. After that, click OK.
Some browsers can be configured to manage specific cookie rules for different websites, which provides more precise control over privacy. This means you can disable cookies for all sites except those in which you trust.